WFC Announces 2016 Elite Qualifiers
The World Food Championships announced today an impressive list of Elite Qualifiers for its 5th Anniversary event, which will occur in Orange Beach, Alabama at The Wharf, Nov 8-15.
Elite Qualifiers provide extra bonuses and benefits to competitors who are trying to win their way into the world's largest culinary championship. From paid entry fees to travel stipends and bonus prizes, WFC has partnered with key events throughout the world to make competing in Food Sport more rewarding than ever.
"Winning a Golden Ticket to WFC is not easy, and even when you do, there are financial hurdles for culinary champions to jump before they can attend," commented WFC CEO Mike McCloud. "So we are delighted to partner with events that provide additional assistance to their winners so they can pursue their ultimate goal of food fame and fortune."
The 2016 Elite Qualifier list includes 22 events in 13 states and one Canadian province, plus several Online qualifiers.
To find out more about how to compete in these qualifying events, click here.
If your event would like to join the WFC Elite Qualifier program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2016 World Food Championships Elite Qualifier Events:
- October 10, 2015 – Bacon and Beer Classic (Chicago), Chicago, Ill.
- November 14, 2015 – Bacon and Beer Classic (San Jose), San Jose, Calif.
- January 25, 2016 – Shotgun Fred BBQ Showdown, Huntsville, Texas
- January 27 – Michigan Apple 2015 Recipe Contest, Lansing, Mich.
- February 27 – Bacon and Beer Classic (Santa Clara), Santa Clara, Calif.
- April 1 – Door County Coffee 2016 Recipe Contest, ONLINE
- April 6 – Saucy Mama's 2016 Recipe Contest, ONLINE
- April 8 – ’Que at the View BBQ Fest, Gulfport, Miss.
- April 9 – Big Bacon Bonanza, Davenport, Iowa
- April 16 – Bacon and Beer Classic (Denver), Denver, Colo.
- April 22 – Bacon and Beer Classic (New York), New York, NY
- May 1 – Bands, Burgers & Brews Burger Throwdown, Charleston, SC
- May 7 – Bacon and Beer Classic (Seattle), Seattle, Wash.
- May 25 – Alabama Seafood Cook-off, Orange Beach, Ala.
- June 15 – A Very Berry Breakfast, ONLINE
- July 22 – Canadian Food Championships, Edmonton, Alberta
- August 19 – Zoofari - Burgers, Brews & Bands, Billings, Mont.
- August 24 – Annual National Shrimp Festival Restaurant Challenge, Gulf Shores, Ala.
- September 3 – Finger Lakes Fire and Smoke BBQ Festival, Geneva, NY
- September 10 – Burger Battle at the View, Gulfport, Miss.
- September 15 – The Wharf Uncorked, Orange Beach, Ala.
- September 17 – River Falls Bacon Bash, River Falls, Wisc.
« Back to News